1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WEEKLY RIVER ROAD RIDE

Discussion in 'Rides, Routes and Events' started by RealEngr, Jun 13, 2009.  |  Print Topic

1. RealEngr

RealEngr Supporter

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    EDGE Koosah
    Name:
    Bill
    Directions

From Knoxville take hwy 129 into maryville to 321 directed to Townsend.

Continue on 321 past the hospital, going approximately 4 to 5 miles out of town. You will pass a Sunoco station on the left. Continue until you see an Aztex station on the left. You will immediately go over a bridge on 321. Turn left by the car wash on Autumn Drive. Continue pas the Baptist church and Heritage High School. Immediately after passing HHS you will cross the bridge over the Little River. After crossing the bridge you will see a parking lot on left. That is where we will be.

2. calboy147

calboy147 Email Defunct

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    CA
    City:
    Newberry Springs
    Ride:
    noname trike
    Name:
    gene
    Are we talk'n bout "IN" Tonsend here ? If'n we are i will check wid som'a my biker buddies cuz they was talkin bout a really nice ride they found
    (or fount; depending on what part of K-town you grew up in) that was a lot quicker to Townsend from over here in hillbilly country of Jeff. county. Since i am leaving town Sunday night or very early Monday i may try ro come on up for a meet an greet....:jiggy9:

3. RealEngr

RealEngr Supporter

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    EDGE Koosah
    Name:
    Bill
    We leave from the Walland area and bicycle to Townsend and back.

4. Buddy Bishop

Buddy Bishop Supporter

Region:
    NorthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Greeneville
    Ride:
    Elect. Goldrush
    Name:
    Buddy
    Ok, to get to "The Bridge" from points East:

Exit I-40 at 407 go towards Dollywood.

Right on Boyd's Creek (Highway 338) traffic light.
    Don't miss Boyd's Creek. If you do, turn around and
    come back. Terrible things will happen to you.

Go a bunch of miles to Chapman Highway, traffic light.
    Big intersection. McDonalds etc.

Cross Chapman Highway and keep on keeping on. You are
    now on 411 and 35.

In 7-9 miles turn left on River Ford Drive.

River Ford dead ends at Ellijoy. Turn Right

Bicycle parking on right 1/4 mile.

5. bongoboy

bongoboy Email Defunct

Region:
    NorthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Powell
    Ride:
    Greenspeed GTO
    Name:
    Brent
    Buddy et al... Good news and bad news. First the good news...I ran down to Atlanta this morning and I'm now the proud owner of TWO Greenspeed GTOs...one red, one green. Now I only need to convince my wife that riding can be fun and we're in business.

Now the bad news...while on the way back from the ATL, my home washer popped a filter plug and flooded the house. (yes, this is my second flood in six weeks...geeez) Downstairs we had some water in the cieling above my welding shop, so I went to cut out a section of the drywall when my stepstool jumped out from under me and down I went. It wasn't a long fall, but there was a five gallon bucket between me and the hard concrete. It broke my fall...and I think a couple ribs in the process. I can't breathe enough to pedal out of the driveway much less the river ride at this moment. Gimme' a couple weeks and I'll be back in the saddle. Sorry to bail on you, but I hope you'll understand.

6. Buddy Bishop

Buddy Bishop Supporter

Region:
    NorthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Greeneville
    Ride:
    Elect. Goldrush
    Name:
    Buddy
    Sorry, real sorry. I got my ribs busted in the Air Force
    on a special assignment. Couldn't lay down for at
    least 2 weeks. Slept sitting up. Point? I know what
    you are in for.

But that was a real dumb trick. Why did you go pull
    such a dumb trick?

I'm glad you got the green GTO. Saved me a lot of
    money....or not. I've got a GTS scoped out, but can't
    say where. I'll be the cats meow if I pull this off.

Looks like 60% rain Sunday.

7. RealEngr

RealEngr Supporter

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    EDGE Koosah
    Name:
    Bill
    rain or shine

As long as it is not a thunderstorm I will probably still ride. I'm getting ready for a tour so I have to ride in all conditions anyway. Besides, last time we did this, the storm blew over and we had a great time didn't we Buddy?

8. calboy147

calboy147 Email Defunct

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    CA
    City:
    Newberry Springs
    Ride:
    noname trike
    Name:
    gene
    I am sure hat'n it that i cannot make this ride. Sounds like a lot of great people are going to have a great time. I'll be praying it doesn't rain on you but that you have a nice gentle cool tailwind both ways.

I am actually gatting a little nervous just thinking about going to Texas for probably two weeks without "Jezzy". In the past three and a half years we haven't been apart more than a day or two, but never that far. so even if i was unable to ride her she was allways still right there close....
    I have found (or fount) that since i was on the road so long I don't feel comfortable or at home much of anywhere anymore. Even when i drive by my house ..that other family is in it..They know i may be back any day and they may have to move out. I never stop so they don't get scared..It doesn't feel like my house anymore either. I should sell it i guess but then the family thats in it may not be allowed to stay..
    Any one else ever take an extended tour and have these feelings when you finally got back? Or do you think its something deeper like the fact that my ex-wife is still here and i don't like making her new "bo" feel uncomfortable when hes there and the grand babies want to run to papaw..
    WOW, when did this become the "R.etard R.eachout I.nstitute

see y'all in the funny papers :jiggy9:

9. RealEngr

RealEngr Supporter

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    EDGE Koosah
    Name:
    Bill
    Sunday Weather

Looks like 30% chance of rain at 8am here with increasing probability by 11am to 60%.

I'm going for it and will be out there at 8 tomorrow. If it is absolutely pouring when i get down there, then I will still wait for y'all and maybe we will just have to head somewhere for pancakes. It will be a lighter group from the church since Rob will be in Atlanta. Still looks like we may still have 6 total from our church show up so still a good group.

Bill

10. RealEngr

RealEngr Supporter

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    EDGE Koosah
    Name:
    Bill
    We ride again tomorrow morning at 8am. Looks like we have 5 riders so far.

See you at the bridge.