1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LOOKING FOR A USED TRIKE

Discussion in 'Buy, Sale or Trade' started by paulw, Jan 27, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. paulw

paulw Email Defunct

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    Ride:
    catrike exp
    Name:
    paul
    Looking for a three wheel trike any kind will do just a blke its for a older women hoo wood like to try to ride again if you no of any please let me no thank you for your time KEEP ON RIDEN

2. RealEngr

RealEngr Supporter

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    EDGE Koosah
    Name:
    Bill
    Paul, there is a TerraTrike for sale in the Knoxville Craigslist for $1150. A pretty nice deal.

3. Mtwnrocket

Mtwnrocket Supporter

Region:
    NorthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Morristown
    Ride:
    Corsa;Rocket;C700
    Name:
    Dave
    I have been made aware of a local lady who has a red Hase Kettwiesel for sale. She bought it used but I have seen pictures of it and it looks to be in good or very good condition. She is a single mom with a 2 year old and is packing to move to west TN in the next few weeks. Very motivated to sell. So far she has done no advertising beyond mentioning it to our LBS owner. I spoke with her by phone and she doesn’t know which model or year it is. On Hase’s web site it looks like an upgraded Allaround or, less likely, a Tour.
    http://hasebikes.com/files/hase_preisliste_en_2011.pdf

Either way she wants a negotiable $1900 for it. She gave me permission to pass along her phone number if interested.

4. Rocketmantn

Rocketmantn Rider

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Knoxville
    Ride:
    Strada, Corsa
    Name:
    Jon
    Boy that is high for a trike. You can get a new V Rex for $1,500 right now. I think she needs to rethink the price.

5. Mtwnrocket

Mtwnrocket Supporter

Region:
    NorthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Morristown
    Ride:
    Corsa;Rocket;C700
    Name:
    Dave
    As before, known to be very negotiable. Ketts may be more expensive since, being underseat steer delta, they are something of a niche within our niche. Also, model unknown, but some Ketts can exceed $4000 new.

6. A.D.

A.D. #1 Custodian

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Athens
    Ride:
    Reynolds T-Bone
    Name:
    AD
    One of the advantages of the Hase Kettwiesel trikes is the ability to daisy-chain them together. Especially convenient if one is ever looking to ride tandem (in essence) with a handicapped individual on the rear trike(s).

[​IMG]

That fact alone, puts it a shade above the rest IMO.

7. RealEngr

RealEngr Supporter

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    EDGE Koosah
    Name:
    Bill
    Almost all deltas now have this feature. So save your money and look at Anuras and Trizards also. Deltas are incredibly easy to build. I've got a Delta Wolf on the backburner. It's pretty similar to the Trizard.