1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bacchetta Trike

Discussion in 'Recumbent Discussions' started by Geyatautsilvsgi, Oct 15, 2018.  |  Print Topic

1. Geyatautsilvsgi

Geyatautsilvsgi Supporter

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    Ok, I have some exciting news! Bacchetta is now into trikes! I spoke with Mike Wilkerson of Bacchetta and then tried out his new Carbon Fiber trike. All I can say is WOW! Light....it's hard to describe how light it is, especially for a trike. It's low to ground for speed, and has a nice sleek design and is FAST! It will give Greenspeed a run for the money. To me, it felt like it had just a little flex (not a lot), which was good because it was like having passive suspension. It corners nicely and fits the body really nice. It will be a nice option for those who have a need for speed and/or enjoy a good cardio work out.

I also tried out "Avenue Trikes". These trikes are really nice. They are a mid-range middle of the road type trike, in my opinion. It has direct steering, and a decent seat height. It rides quiet and smooth. It is good to get out and cruise around on and still have some zip.
    Saw lots of other stuff, but you'll just have to wait and see. All I can say is that you need to be sure to come to next years rally.
    :wink:

2. WardJ

WardJ

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    GA
    City:
    Columbus
    Ride:
    Windcheetah SS #481
    I have been watching the B boys trike with interest. Rumor has it that Carbontrikes actually makes the frame. With the demise of Windcheetah I have been watching the Ice VTX with interest as well. I know eventually I will end up with another fast trike it's just a matter of time.

3. Mtwnrocket

Mtwnrocket Supporter

Region:
    NorthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Morristown
    Ride:
    Corsa;Rocket;C700
    Name:
    Dave
    We've talked a bit about this on another recent thread. I want to know what the expected price will be (4 or 5 digits to the left of the decimal)?

4. Rocketmantn

Rocketmantn Rider

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Knoxville
    Ride:
    Strada, Corsa
    Name:
    Jon
    Dave, You are the Daddy Warbucks of the group. Why do you care how many digits are to the left of the decimal??? :idunno:

5. Fuzzy47

Fuzzy47

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Spring City
    Ride:
    RecumbentUSA Trike-X
    Name:
    Mick
    As I noted in my RCC report in the "2018 Rides" thread, the engineers at the Bachetta stand were hinting at a $6000 figure ... !

Fuzzy

6. Geyatautsilvsgi

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    Well, I am honestly NOT at liberty to say much of anything on price at this time. Being a dealer has its perks as one does get some inside info on new products etc but until a firm price has been decided, I can't really speculate and/or comment. I do know, is that if allowed, I just may become a dealer. Depends.

7. Geyatautsilvsgi

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    Even Trident Trikes has some new stuff. I am pretty sure he will be revealing some new goodies at the rally...

8. Mtwnrocket

Mtwnrocket Supporter

Region:
    NorthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Morristown
    Ride:
    Corsa;Rocket;C700
    Name:
    Dave
    Because no bike should have 5 digits to the left of the decimal, even if it's 80% carbon fiber and the rest unobtanium.

9. Geyatautsilvsgi

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    Well, if it has that many digits...I'd have a hard time justifying the purchase for a little shop like mine.

10. RealEngr

RealEngr Supporter

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    EDGE Koosah
    Name:
    Bill
    ...which means it's less than that since I know Keila is considering them.

11. Geyatautsilvsgi

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi