1. Welcome to the Recumbent Riders International forums.
    You are currently viewing the discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post and reply to topics, communicate privately with other members, download/upload content and access other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please,
    Join the community today!
    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Recumbent Seat Bags

Discussion in 'Gear and Equipment' started by glenn_aircooled, May 12, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. glenn_aircooled

glenn_aircooled

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    Australia
    City:
    Liverpool
    Ride:
    Trike alloy Per
    Name:
    Glenn
    Just looking for ideas on storage - commuting to work.

Wondering what other people have or recommend . . .

Here is one from Hostel Shoppe , approx 55 dollars , is this a good one ??

[​IMG]

2. glenn_aircooled

glenn_aircooled

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    Australia
    City:
    Liverpool
    Ride:
    Trike alloy Per
    Name:
    Glenn
    I have a hard shell seat , but I just realized , this one is probably for a high racer - mine probably wont have enough clearance to rear wheel.

3. Geyatautsilvsgi

Geyatautsilvsgi Supporter

Region:
    SouthEast
    State/Country:
    TN
    City:
    Seymour
    Ride:
    ?
    Name:
    Geyatautsilvsgi
    I have some special made bags, designed by a local rider that are Specifically for trikes. I will have some in the shop for folks to checkout during the rally.

4. Grumpybear

Grumpybear

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    CA
    City:
    Rippon
    Ride:
    Goldrush
    Name:
    Neal
    What kind of bike do you have and or a picture would help? A little bit about what you plan to take on your commute will also help in suggesting the right bag as well.

Neal

5. froglegz57

froglegz57 Supporter

Region:
    Middle
    State/Country:
    NC
    City:
    Charlotte
    Ride:
    Rans V2,V3,AB
    Name:
    Jerry
    bigger???

Remember the bigger the bag, the more stuff you will find that you NEED to bring along. If wheel clearance is an issue, side bags may be a consideration.

jerry

6. glenn_aircooled

glenn_aircooled

Region:
    East
    State/Country:
    Australia
    City:
    Liverpool
    Ride:
    Trike alloy Per
    Name:
    Glenn
    Thanks Neal , Jerry and Serenity .
    Yes I ride a Trike like in the Avatar - little hard to see from the angle that small pic is taken - I will have to get a side shot.
    I'm looking at some other alternative ideas at the moment,
    A side bag would work.
    I dont carry all that much to work - usually . . . However some times it would be nice to be able to carry a warm top.
    -
    I had a rack on my Trike which I removed to lean the seat back. There is a clearance issue with the the rack / tyre / seat combination.
    -
    I carry my usual load to work in a container the size of a 3 Litre drink bottle [ 3.1 Quarts ].
    Plus I have a 3 litre water bottle [ 3.1 Quarts ] strapped onto the back of the seat for drinking.
    -
    I am currently looking at Tail Cones to see how I can organize storage within one and whether I can fit the Tailed Trike in my storage area.